Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Remembering Chloe


“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth."
Matthew 5: 3-5



     Those of you that know me know that my dogs have been like my children.  For a single person, we really do love our pets like parents love their children.  There are obviously a difference, but that is where we put our family or parental love.
     My babies, Vader and Chloe.  They are litter mates.  I have had them since they were about six weeks old.  They have never been apart a day in their lives.  But now I must sperate them.
     In July, we discovered that Chloe had a mass on her heart.  Through an x-ray I was able to see that her heart was enlarged and that her lungs were affected.  However, that was part of old age too.  We believe that the mass was malignant because she has lost so much weight in a short amount of time along with other symptoms.  Basically, is was like she had congested heart failure.
     I will not go into the struggle of choosing what is best for my baby over the last few weeks and watching what this has been doing to Vader.  I made my choice out of love.  This is the choice I would make for myself if I was in my final stages of cancer.  I didn't want her see her in pain or watch her struggle anymore.
     The process of clearing the path to the unused pet grave yard was difficult.  Digging the grave was impossible, but I had a wonderful friend help me.  God has been faithful through all this.  I am blessed to of had them both for over 13 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment