Sunday, May 5, 2019

Faith's Harvest

3 "For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one. Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function, in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another. According to the grace given to us, we have different gifts: If prophecy, use it according to the proportion of one’s faith; if service, use it in service; if teaching, in teaching; if exhorting, in exhortation; giving, with generosity; leading, with diligence; showing mercy, with cheerfulness." Romans 12: 3-8 (CSB)

Faith's Harvest: 365-Day Devotional


I wrote this devotional to motivate people to look deeper into the Word. It is for people whom may have some questions about their faith. What is the point of it all? The book is separated into twelve topics for each month. Each day has a question. I answer each question using what I believe after years of searching God's Word. I use scriptures to back up each of my answers but hope that you will read it for yourself. I hope that this helps you figure some things out in your life.

by Amberly Bannister


     It has been a while since I posted.  I spent last year writing three books, so I have not made the time for blogging.  I published by first book through Newman Spring Publishing.  It was a learning experience.  I learned that it took over double the time to turn it into a book than what it took to write.  I learned that I want to do through a Christian publishing company next time.  I enjoyed the experience, but I learned that I need to fully edit the book before I entrust others to do so.  I found so many editing errors after the book was published.
     I wrote the books mostly from prayer/devotional journals.  Right now, I am editing my second book more thoroughly.  I hope to send it to a publisher this summer.  If anyone has a recommendation of Christian publishers, please, let me know.
     I also officially joined First Baptist Church Atlanta today.  I am looking forward to see how God can use me there.  I have been attending for over a year, but I wanted to make sure it was not just a stage in my life before joining.  
     It is a long drive and don't fully understand why God has chosen them to be my church family, but I love the friends that I have made.  They have been so supportive and true Christian friends that call me on things, but in a loving way.  They have never shown me critizism or attitude.  It is amazing to hear Charles Stanley and Anthony George every Sunday that I am able to attend.  The music is amazing.  I look forward to see how I grow with them and what I can give in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment