Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Revelation


25 "Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began 26 but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith"
Romans 16:24-26

     Sometimes you have to get away from all the distractions of life.  I do at least.  I have what is called a diplomat personality.  I am right in the middle if the introvert and extrovert, along with type A.  I get all the extravert part at work.  However, since returning from Bolivia, I have not found sufficient alone time.  I have found that this has been pushing me hard.
     I needed to hear God's voice.  Like always, I expected a big revelation.  God knows me better.  He knew I needed something different.  I know who I am in Him.  I get lost sometime.  I am not sure exactly when, but I have been wandering for too long.  I needed to find purpose again.  I am tired of just working (at work, at home, pleasing others, and whatnot).
     I did not get that big "WOW"  moment.  Instead, I had the Holy Spirit whispering ever so gently in my ear.  Ever since Bolivia, I have not felt good enough, accepted, or connecting to anyone.  This has put a lot of self-doubt in me.  I have been working through all this for several months.  I have had a few friends that I opened up to completely, to help guide me and support me.
A couple of weeks ago, I left my last report on a cliff-hanger.  The reason why was because I didn't want to speak in case I was building something up in my head to have no results.  I am happy to say, at least in this moment, that I am walking out on faith in a way that I never have before.  I am going to listen intently to the Holy Spirit's guidance and insight.
     I have decided to try publishing.  I have written in prayer journals ever since I was about 21.  I started writing this blog to help communicate while I was on the mission field.  What I have discovered is that I have been able to work out things going on inside me best while making myself vulnerable in writing it out.  I have been really encouraged at First Baptist Church of Atlanta because they don't know me well enough to know that I write, yet every week they tell me how much they like my perspective and insight.  Soon, I will tell them how much they have helped me.  
  I may not become successful as a writer, but I believe that this is my way of being a true missionary on my path to serve God.  This may be a way for me to reach nations.  Time will tell.  It may be my path for right now and God may change my course yet again later on.  I am chosing to embrace it all.  I hope you enjoy the ride.  I have no connections to any publishers, so if you know of any, please, contact me via email, text, facebook, or linkedin.


No comments:

Post a Comment