Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Empowerment

17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[a] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

John 1:17-18


     I have been wandering in the desert (so to speak) too long.  I have a strong personality that is called a bulldozer or lion personality.  I also care about people, so I have struggled with a balance all my life.  The struggle has led me to give up power or decisions for my life to others in whom I believed knew better.  This has been a mistake in most cases because I lose a part of myself every time.
     While in Bolivia is was small things and because I was not an independent missionary and a rule follower I went along with some things that I felt were suffocating me. I would probably of done the same thing, but I should have spoken up when and why I was not happy with certain things instead of trying to not rick the boat.  Instead, I tried to keep things to myself and getting lost. 
     I lost my direction, so when my family needed me to come home to help them out after my grandfather's death I said I would.  It was the right choice, but again I left my decisions to others.  It has made me angry and it made it more difficult to adjust back to being in the States.   However, I recognized the symptoms and decided with the new year that I was going to make changes.
     When I returned I said I was going to spend the next year on my relationship with GOD.  I have done that.  It  has been a difficult journey and I am still in the middle, but I am seeing the light and peace again.  My joy is coming back by taking control over my life again.  It is only small things like selling my older car to get a better fuel and dog age appropriate car.  I am taking control of where I believe God is leading me for my future.  It is still a fog, but it is starting to clear.  I am letting a hand full of people really into my life and they have permission to tell me things that could hurt me because I trust that they really love me and want only the best for me.  I have also changed churches.  This has been a surprise for me because I love my home church, but I need to be around strong Christian singles that understand the struggles that I face in this society.
     In a couple of weeks, I am taking a new step out into my journey.  One that I am really excited about and have never allowed myself to do before.  I expect things to change after this, but even if they do not I know this is what God needs me to do for OUR relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Additionally, Islamabad is a perfect place for a trek in elsewhere. Car Rent Islamabad With unimaginable individuals, shocking sustenance, and limitless things to endeavor, it's a staggering you haven't booked that Islamabad rental auto beginning at now. End up being more acquainted with what this spot is about when you book the perfect auto for your escape needs.

    ReplyDelete