Sunday, January 14, 2018

Four Seasons


Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16

     When I was in Bolivia, the number one thing I missed (besides friends, family, and my dogs) was Fall.  I missed having fours season, no matter how much I loved the "perfect" and dependable weather of Bolivia.  However, now that I am back I am realizing that there is a very real cost for such beauty.   I have come home to the coldest winter that Georgia has had since before my birth. 
     November, I accepted I was going to be cold until I adjusted.  That was fine.  I had Thanksgiving with my family.  I got to cook a feast for my family and I loved it.  December rolled around and I realized, I was not going to adapt.  I had to learn how to endure.  Now it is January.  A new year and we have only had three days above freezing.  I have to ask myself, why did I come home.  (This is meant to be funny, not sad).  Then, I have to remind myself that God sent me back.  I needed to be here for whatever purpose He has chosen.  
      I have not figured it all out, but I am trying to be a trooper.  I am searching for a home.  I am looking into getting a new car.  I am opening up and relying on good friends unlike ever before.  I am looking forward and now behind.  I am praying over going to India with dear friends as they pass through Texas on their way home from Bolivia.  Or going to Thailand to check out a mission involving Human Trafficing Prevention.  It has been a passion of mine since I realized how horrible women are treated throughout the entire world.
     I am still totally clueless where my future lies.  The fog is getting clearer.  I am enjoying my job.  I wish I knew exactly where my path was leading me, but God knows that I will run ahead like a puppy if He gave me any slack.  I chose to trust Him in the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment