Saturday, July 29, 2017

Becky

     I am so blessed with the friends that I have in my life as an adult.  I got to see one of my friends from New Jersey in an impromptu visit to Georgia.  She is moving to the middle east soon, so it was an extra special visit.  I visited her in my New York weekend about two weeks before I left for Bolivia.  She has always been a source of strength and support for me.  She was always there for me while I was in Bolivia.
     I took her to my new job at Barnsley and all my new coworkers made her feel right at home.  I barely know these people, so it meant so much to me that they helped make her visit special.  We walked the grounds taking photos and at a restaurant in the resort.  Then, we went to Tellus Science Museum.  There we both took a nap while watching a video about eclipses.  I am sure it was interesting, but the Georgia heat makes a person tired.  We really enjoyed all the museum offered.  When it was time to leave we had a typical isolated Georgia storm.  It didn't storm hardly anywhere else, so we had to make a run for it.  Our fronts were soaked, but the back completely dry.  We laughed so hard and acted like children.  After we dried off the best we could in my car we went to Starbucks to finish off our day.
     Please be praying for her safe travels and a shield of protection over here while she is gone.  We are talking about having a Boston weekend before she leaves, so pray that the doors open up for that opportunity.  We want to get a group together: Erin, P-nutt, me, and herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment