Saturday, July 22, 2017

My First Week

But may the righteous be glad
    and rejoice before God;
    may they be happy and joyful.
Sing to God, sing in praise of his name,
    extol him who rides on the clouds[a];
    rejoice before him—his name is the Lord.
Psalm 68:3-4


     My first week has been exhausting, but so much fun.  My first week I have been working with the bellmen.  It is more work than it sounds, but it has allowed me to really learn the property at Barnsley Resorts.  I have spent the last five days on a golf cart.  I learned that I am allowed to get tips on top of a decent pay.   That was a nice surprise.  I don't get them everyday, but it makes me smile when I do because I don't treat anyone more special than another. 
     I have had such diversity since going there.  On Thursday, I was a photographer for a small intimate wedding at sundown.  It was precious and so beautiful.  I have started fires in pits for smores.  I have made a wedding party feel like they are at home.  I go in today to help with that wedding.  Next week, I start learning the desk stuff, but I really think I will like it at the Resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment