Friday, April 21, 2017

Finding My Fit

9 "Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen"  1 Peter 4:9-11


     I came to Bolivia with confidence that I could over come all the challenges that faced me.  I knew who I was.  I did not come with delusions that it would be easy.  I knew that language learning is very hard for me.  I knew that I was stepping into the unknown, solely by faith, into a job that I had no clue how to prepare for. 
     The time I have invested has not been for nothing.  God had to take me out of the safety of fellowship and friendship the ones who love me.  He moved me to make me better, to make me stronger in Him.  I have questioned things.  I have rebelled against things that did not feel right to me.  I have been stripped down naked emotionally and now He is rebuilding me.  I have never been comfortable, but I still have my faith.
     Yesterday was my last day at Jireh.  I would have loved to take pictures, but I left my cell phone in a taxi the night before.  (How I reacted to that proves how much He has changed me.)  I felt very emotional because I love them all so much, but I felt more excitement because I have passed through the fire of refinement and God is giving me my fit. 
     I guess I started working with Punta de Gracias, a church plant that began in September, last week.  The transition has happened very quickly, but I am very excited about it.  The team fits with my personality and gifts very well.  I will be stretching so much in the next two months.  They are pouring so much love into me that I feel like I finally have the fellowship that I had in my home church.  I am sad that I did not find this earlier, but God had a lot of work to do in me.  Please pray for the church and what they are doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment