Saturday, April 8, 2017

Trauma and Crisis Counseling Training


"Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."  2 Corinthians 3:1-3

     I have spent the last five days in La Paz participating in a course by the American Bible Society called Trauma Healing.  My degree is in Christian Counseling, so I knew a lot of this stuff.  However, it is always good to get a fresh perspective.  It was such a reviving and intense week.  I will carry it with me a long time. 
     When I got home and went right to work, I started talking to my friend about it.  I was telling her that I would love her to have the training, so she could help the mothers of the burned children to heal their heart wounds.  Once I explained it to her, she got all excited.  I am looking forward to see how it will be used in Cochabamba. 

No comments:

Post a Comment