Friday, January 8, 2016

New Place

   
My first week in my new place has been very pleasant.  I am sleeping very well.  I no longer need my rain sleep app going all night.  I loved living with Carmen because she is a wonderful person, but for a light sleeper it was a little difficult because heavy trucks went by all night long.  The guesthouse apartment is a little more secluded and off any main travel road.  It is also much closer to my school, so I can get more things done.  However, now I am going to have to make more of an effort to exercise.
    It is full on rainy season now, so I am grateful with not having to take a truffi everyday.  I am closer to the center of town, so I have easier access to things and people.  I am close to the Saturday market which will be good with getting fresh food every week.  My neighbors are great.  I am settling in very nicely I think.  In the compound there are two dogs, so I also get to have some animal time everyday.  I am also cooking again for the first time since I got here.  It is taking some adjusting due to new way and altitude.  It does feel like home on earth.
5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.   Luke 15:5-7
    

No comments:

Post a Comment