Saturday, December 9, 2017

White Christmas


"The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven.  He replied, “When evening comes, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times." 
Matthew 16:1-3

     It is a rare thing for it to snow in Georgia.  Yet, it has been a white couple of days.  I joke around about Georgia's bipolar weather and this is proof.  Earlier in the week, it was warm.  It got the to upper 60s to the lower 70s, then bam it is almost like a blizzard hit.    I just wish that this happened at Christmas.  I could almost put money on it being a warm Christmas, almost t-shirt weather.  That is how it works here in Georgia. 
     I use to love snow so much, but not so much anymore.  I do love the since of my little so-called neighborhood.  We all been on the phone with each other throughout all of it.  Making sure we all have heat and food.  One of my neighbors made soup for another because they eat out more than cook.  That doesn't happen everywhere.  I have a special little world.  
      I am so very grateful that we didn't loose electricity because our fireplace needs work.  We can't light a fire and the roads were too slick to go anywhere.  I feel bad because I didn't make it to work the last couple of days, but that is what personal days are for.  I don't know how northerners do it.  I do know that we have completely different snow.  Ours is known for turning into very dangerous black ice.  We can have miles of roads that are nothing, but ice.
     Give me your thoughts on this fascinating weather that we are having.  Please, keep those who still do not have electricity in your prayers.  I had to go a whole day without internet.  It made me appreciate things, but it was also nice to take a step away.


No comments:

Post a Comment