Monday, November 6, 2017

Family

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.[a] 12 He says,“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;    in the assembly I will sing your praises.”

Hebrews 2:10-12


     For a while I have given thought to what is family?  Most people would say that is simple.  It is your blood, the people that gave you life, the people that are there through thick and thin.   That is all true.  For me it goes so much deep.  Blood family is who your stick it out because of a since of duty, love, or what is expected.  However, for most, blood family does not meet the definition.  I see some blood families so close.  I see others that can hardly be in the same room with each other.
     For me I love my blood family.  However, my friend family and church family are there for me just as much for the real events in life.  I don't buy the saying that you cant chose your family because I have.  I chose to pursue a relationship with my sister and her family.  I chose to come home to help my parents out.  However, I also chose wonderful friends that are there with me no matter what.  Almost like a marriage. 
     At church it is very diverse, but it is a safe place of healing for me.  A woman told me yesterday that I have insight way beyond my years and that I help her understand things in a way that she was not able to grasp before.  That gave me the motivation to try to start writing again .  I want to motivate and help all the people in my life.  Even those, I may never meet, with Words that God is inspiring me to write.  
     Please, give me your thoughts on family and what it means to you.  Ultimately, they are a blessing that God has given each of us, even if they don't fit in the parameters of traditional thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment