Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Last Newsletter

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

I am home.  What am I doing Now?

Missionary news from
Amberly Bannister


June 2017


     I Flew in on late Friday ,June 16.  As soon as I woke the next day, I went into work mode and have been there ever since.  However, on Sunday, I went to church and the questions began.  Questions that I don't have clear answers for.  However, I will give you the options that I am praying over.  That said, I am committed to be home for a year to be with my family and reconnect with you and my Church Family.

1.  Through SIM I could continue, with the support of my financial partners and the help of a few other, with Global Frontier Mission in Atlanta to work with the refugees for at least a year.
2.  Return to Bolivia after my year at home.
3.  Go to Ecuador to be the personal director for the missionaries in the country.
4.  I am also praying that if God wants me to pursue a secular job in the USA, then I would like to find a job that would allow me to travel.


Prayer and Praise:
  • Job to get me an income until I find the carreer job or the career job.
  • Readjustment
  • Direction for my future
  • I got home safe and sound with all my stuff.
  • Great Debriefing experience



 


Saying Goodbye!     

     Saying goodbye was not easy.  I gave up everything to move to Bolivia.  To start a new life as a foreigner.  I was not an easy process, but I always knew I would see the people at home again and that made it easier. I invested everything of myself to my life in Bolivia and God.  The reward was deep and meaningful friendships from all over the globe, not just there or just with God.  It was not an easy life, but a very fulfilling one.  The good bye to Bolivia took much more out of me because I have no idea if I will see my friends and Bolivian family again.
Returning Home:

Returning home has been nice.  I still have a lot to work through like a job (any suggestions or help appreciated), where to live, and a lot of small choices.  Right now, I don't feel cross-cultural shock too much.  I miss people so much that my heart hurts and I get emotional at odd times.  Today, I drove to Charlotte for my debriefing and getting on the highway gave me anxiety for about half an hour.  I am working on building a routine to help.  I am so blessed to have such a community around me though.  I do feel loved and now I don't have to miss people in the States anymore.




Thank you for standing with me and making a difference for eternity!


God Bless,
Amberly Bannister


PS - I will still be writing in my blog as to how I am adjusting back to the culture I was raised in, but after being a foreigner how it has changed for me.  Those who have been supporting me, I ask that you will continue for a couple more months to help out with the transition into a new job.  If I return to the field, then I will let you know.
 
SIM USA   P.O. Box 7900    Charlotte, NC 28241
Phone: 704.588.4300    info@simusa.org
You are receiving this email because of your interest in our ministries with SIM.

Click here if you want to unsubscribe from this list  or  update subscription preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment