Thursday, March 23, 2017

God's Plan

28" ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[b]29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent."
Acts 14:28-30

     I Have been asking God to show me how He can use me best while I am in Bolivia.  He has been opening doors for different ministries that have been a great fit for me.  When I got back, I found out that there was a divide in my church I was attending here.  The divide left me a little uncertain, so I began to investigate to find out what happened.  After praying over the situation, I decided that it would be better if I too left the church. 
     Immediately, God connected me with a church that makes me feel like family.  It was the what I have been missing from my home church since I arrived.  I had kept telling myself that it was because I am in a new country.  I should not expect it and I didn't, but I missed it very much.  God knew this, so He gave it back to me so I can be happier.  I have been and He has started using me when the door never opened at the other church.  I started teaching Sunday School, which is like Children's Church at home. 
     The lesson and everything is in Spanish, but I study the Bible and read it, then I create a lesson in English because it is mostly missionary kids.  Then I leave the games and activities to the Bolivians and help translate that best I can.  Which is better than I had been giving myself credit for.  When I return from Ecuador, I will be doing it every other week so I can still attend church some.  I am very excited about the changes.  I just wish I would have found the right fit earlier on. 
     Tomorrow, I leave for Ecuador very early (4am), so be praying for safe travels.  I will arrive midmorning on Saturday.  I will leave the following Sunday and arrive in La Paz at 3:30am on Monday for a conference.  I pray that God will bless that conference and teach me many new things and energize me.

No comments:

Post a Comment